Friday, January 13, 2012

raise the sign, it's a revolution in graphic design (yes I do GD... now & then)

Starting in undergrad, on the graphic design track, mainly because it seemed the safest way to be an artist & make money... quickly led to realizing... after the 1st semester, that I was more so inclined & inspired by/at getting physical with materials... I wanted & needed to zone in/out with thick colorful brushstrokes, relishing the sight, smell & feel of paint all over my hands and speckles in my hair vs redesigning bad Pizza cook book covers on a PC (yes I revolted against Apple as a graphic designer...perhaps that's why I didn't enjoy it...hmmm). I wasn't escaping it completely as I found myself surrounded by them (graphic designers)... both of my bosses at 2 different jobs were graphic designers and I won't deny that I enjoyed working with the student graphic designers more so as a creative director while working at the gallery. Admitting here, that they certainly have rubbed off on me... because over the last couple of years and especially now in grad school... I have been called upon &/or have even sought out opportunities for graphic design projects. Perhaps because I am in a school that does not cater to the GD field (NO GD program at all)... I have been filling the void for their company, energy, skill & inspiration...I don't know why, but I have been enjoying playing the part... bytw I am still learning how to use that Adobe CS, progress has been good fun! So here's my GD work from the 1st to my most recent project...

#1 exhibition announcement(front) by AdrienneRose Gionta 2009

#1 exhibition announcement(back)by AdrienneRose Gionta 2009

#2 vip evite by AdrienneRose Gionta 2010

#3 exhibition announcement by AdrienneRose Gionta 2010

#4 exhibition announcement by AdrienneRose Gionta 2011

#5 exhibition announcement by AdrienneRose Gionta 2011

#6 exhibition announcement by AdrienneRose Gionta 2011

#7 exhibition announcement by AdrienneRose Gionta 2012

#8 call for collaboration announcement by AdrienneRose Gionta 2012

“Design is the method of putting form and content together. Design, just as art, has multiple definitions; there is no single definition. Design can be art. Design can be aesthetics. Design is so simple, that’s why it is so complicated”
— Paul Rand

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed this one. Obviously, I know the cast of characters you are referring too, which makes all the sweeter! lol Nice work. One day, I will get a chance to ride in your 'transportation' at Art Basel...

    By the way.... you should remove the word verification step on your comments section. Blogger has a very good Spam filter and you really don't need the word verification. It does more harm than good. People don't like it, or don't see it and it will cut down on the comments you get. If you want to turn it off, go to Settings, Comments and click "No" for word verification. Remember to SAVE the changes!!!

    Love your background. Your eye is looking at me right now. lol

    ReplyDelete