Monday, November 14, 2011

there's just so many things, that I can't touch... I'm torn

re-enactment of Italian hand gesture by ARG

It's not easy being a student again... and I'm not the only one feeling it! Today I visited my old stomping ground and enjoyed commiserating with fellow grad students who understand exactly what I am going through. Going from a professional to a student pushes me out of my comfort zone where the playing field has definitely changed.  Does this necessarily make one better than the other? 

Let me say that just because I am a student... it does not mean that I do not know what I am doing, who I am, or what I want to do. I am open to learn... show me the world, let's discuss ideas, suggestions, and opinions but the disrespect & superiority complex I can do without! What does this accomplish? 

I don't want to dwell on the negatives because as far as I am concerned the good most certainly outweighs the bad. There are many wonderful people that I am fortunate to have in my life that help balance all of this out. I am super excited and appreciate all of the new experiences and people that will inform my developing passion for exploration & creating as well as those I know I can always count on.

Fortunately I am already finding myself overwhelmingly inspired with many projects that I am extremely excited about working on... just learning how to balance the parts of these lessons that may not come as easily to me, may need a little extra dose of TLC! 

The marriage of 
academic requirements 
artistic creativity 
did I mention my fear of A-'s?  
=
12 page paper vs making music videos... 
always a tough choice right? 


1 comment:

  1. I am complete impressed that you have gone back to school for your MFA. I had completely planned on continuing and getting mine. Funny thing....the very thing you addressed in this post is the main reason why I decided not to!!! I can't return to the world where someone in academia has their hands in my work and their words in my head!!! lol For me, that was so destructive, I quick making for two years.

    ReplyDelete